Please plan to arrive early as new protocols and pre-screening processes have been put into place. Plan to arrive 1.5 to 2 hours prior for domestic and 2.5 to 3 hours prior for international departures.
A face covering is required at all times inside the airport. All airport employees are wearing face coverings as well.
Reminder: Updated face mask requirements
Transport Canada requires that guests who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition are required to present an official medical note from a physician specifying this exception or they will be denied boarding.
The medical note must:
- Be issued by a medical professional;
- Be on official letterhead;
- Be dated; and
- Clearly state the guest’s name and that they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask.
Please note that as per The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), face shields are not suitable replacements for a face covering and must be worn in conjunction with a face covering.
Travellers presenting any variation of a Face Mask Medical Exemption Card are still required to produce a medical certificate. This card is not issued by a government agency and not accepted for travel.
Some of the new airport cleaning protocols. These include:
- An air quality monitoring station, which provides information on each terminal's air quality and flow.
- In the check-in area, cleaners are assigned to clean the check-in counters and baggage drops throughout the day. Additionally, baggage carts are sanitized before each use.
- At security, lanes are cleaned a few times a day and bin cleaning is available after every use.
- The terminal area after security is cleaned using fogging technology multiple times a day, as well as light dusting and wiping down, with a deep clean being done every night.
- Some airports have autonomous cleaners are present throughout the terminal to keep floors clean and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout all Terminals.
- Some airport terminals have shut off all water fountains, so you will be hard-pressed to fill your reusable bottle and instead you will need to either purchase a bottle of water OR wait until you board the plane.